Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dreams do come true!


Last night the board of ICM, International Care Ministries, offered me a position on their public health team!  You could knock me over with a feather!  I went to the Philippines last week to learn about their work and about Manila in preparation for Brad to accept the CEO position.  Yesterday I was offered a job, a dream job in international community public health.  A job I thought impossible considering my late entry into the field of public health.
I will join a very capable public health team;
·        Helen a former psychiatric nurse from Australia passionate about health & wellness promotion in a medical clinic setting. YES! Fist pump!
·        Mindy, a physician from England working with malnourished children, I saw with my own eyes their effective partnership with Feed My Starving Children.
·        Dedicated Filipino nationals, weekly caring for thousands of very poor women and children.
It is a “dream come true!”
A year ago a VP of a major relief and development organization warned me gently that my age and lack of experience in public health made it unlikelihood I could have access to such a role. Thanks be to God he is not bound by limits.
So what is next?  In the weeks ahead I will be doing three things:
1. Preparing Andy to transition to International School as a charity agency in Hong Kong has awarded him with a scholarship.
2. Getting rid of 24 years of household accumulation and renting out the house.
3.  Discovering emotional, prayer and/or financial partners who are passionate about supporting the team and me working to alleviate the physical suffering of the poorest of the poor in The Philippines.
Please don’t pinch me; I don’t want to wake up!
Be well!
Lynn

Click here If you wish to receive email or blog updates regarding the work I will be supporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your story sparked by this wellness posting, it can inspire others to healthful living!